Sunday, December 23, 2012

'Tis The Season


I started an afghan for someone who doesn't feel well. Unfortunately, I won't be finished by Christmas.

We had our annual Christmas party at work where we exchanged little gifts and bigger gifts to our Secret Santas. Here's a really cool gift from Michael, my Secret Santa:


It's a tiny little aquarium kit with an algae ball called a Marimo. The Japanese believe that they bring good luck. 


Didn't know that algae could be beautiful.

My office manager made us all a creative and clever gift. It's made out of cardboard, dish cloths and Brillo pads....


Here's the tag up close:


Isn't that cute?


Here's a little ornament that I bought last year at MD Sheep and Wool Festival. 

Last but not least, a message to you all..




4 comments:

Dee said...

That afghan is going to be gorgeous. I love those colors.

Merry Christmas to you and yours. Wishing you a very happy 2013.

Daisy said...

Beautiful afghan!

The dish cloth gift is cute and clever, and I love that little sheep too.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Nancy Kay said...

The pattern and yarn for the afghan are beautiful!!

I got a very good chuckle looking at the bikini. Clever and useful. Great gift!

The sheep is soooo cute!!

I'm back from my Christmas travels and am enjoying catching up on the blogs. Hope you had a delightful time with family and friends.

Chris H said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR CHICK, MAY 2013 BE AN AWESOME YEAR FOR YOU.