Sunday, March 3, 2013

New Flash: Baltic Sea is Rediscovered!


I loved knitting this sock. I loved the colorway. I loved the little lines of stitches done twice on each side. I loved the softness of the yarn. I knit it years ago. Not even sure how many years. Maybe five? The only problem is, that it is a sock. Singular form. No pleural. 

I don't know if it was a sweater class, another project, a vacation, life issues or what, but I put down the needles and never started the second sock. Then, when I was ready to pick it up again, the unthinkable happened. I couldn't find the other skein of yarn.

So today I was determined to go through my entire stash (which is contained in a closet in bins and in a dresser). Alas! I found the other skein of Lorna's Laces sock yarn in "Baltic Sea" colorway! I will be picking this back up shortly in the near future. 


Of course, I've got to find the pattern first....

5 comments:

Dee said...

I'm glad that single lonely sock will finally have a mate.

You can always reprint the pattern off Ravelry. ;-)

Happy knitting!

Daisy said...

I hope you find the pattern. That sock is too pretty to be without its mate. :-)

Nancy Kay said...

That's a great looking sock! I can't believe you didn't get the 2nd one completed right away! LOL. Glad you found the other skein of yarn...hope your sock gets a mate soon!

Chris H said...

Yikes, I hope you did find the pattern.

Melanie said...

Haha! Isn't that the way it goes?
I hope your gauge is the same for the second one. *cough*
Been there and, uhhhh, I ended up undoing the first one to reknit it because it TOTALLY didn't match the first. You will have better luck though. I KNOW IT. ;)